It is Time to Build the Future
Humankind is now facing a global crisis; perhaps the crisis of our generation. Despite many prior warnings, the world was unprepared for this. As this crisis brings the world to a near halt the question in everyone’s mind is “what’s next?”.
We will overcome this, as we have always done. But we must act quickly and decisively. Crisis are times for opportunity and we can’t afford to be complacent. We can and we should decide the kind of world that we will inhabit when the storm passes. It’s time to build the future.
If you don’t want to miss out on upcoming editions, subscribe here.
Product Management & Strategy 🚀
- 5 min read – It’s hard to imagine another history event with such a disruptive impact as Covid-19 in such a short timeframe. Regardless of the durability of the changes this brings they should be acknowledged [via Marginal Revolution]
- 10 min read – Building new things isn’t easy, or we’d already be doing it. Now it’s time to ask what are we building for the future [via a16z]
- 15 min read – As China eases lockdowns it has begun a bold mass experiment to monitor citizens’ activities using smartphones. This is how it works [via The New York Times]
- 10 min read – This storm will pass but the decisions we take now could change our lives for years to come [via Yuval Noah Harari / FT]
- 10 min read – Looks can be deceptive. Although we live in an amazing time for cartography, Covid-19 has exposed the flaws of visual mapping systems [via ArcGIS]
- 20 min read – The crisis has brought the economy to a near halt and left millions of people out of work. This nearly brought down the global financial system. A recap on how all of this happened [via The Guardian]
- 10 min read – Every interesting game has a metagame above it. That is the game above the game. To get good at something, go after the metagame [via Commonplace]
- 10 min read – Shopify’s Director of Engineering explains how treating one’s mind like technology infrastructure can make you a learning machine [via SuperOrganizers]
Watch, listen, read 👁️🗨️
- Video – “Turning Products Into Companies” talks about formulating a go to market strategy and business model for your ideas [via Harvard Innovation Labs]
- Video – Abstract is a TV Series about the most innovative designers in a variety of disciplines that depicts how design impacts every aspect of life [via Netflix]
- Book – “How we got to know: six innovations that made the modern world” by Steven Johnson [via Enric Durany Blog]
- Art – A crowdsourced compilation of the best drawings on the topic of quarantine at home [via CoronaHouse]
Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.Warren Buffet
Before you go, please consider:
- Recommend or share this if you found it useful. It gives me 🔋 to write knowing that people find value in it
- If you don’t want to miss out on upcoming editions